There is no question that life can be stressful. Between work, family, and social obligations, it’s hard to find time for yourself. And when you finally do, all you want to do is relax. But how can you relax when your mind and body are constantly under stress? Stress is known to cause all sorts of problems, from headaches and stomach aches to anxiety and depression. Being physically fit is no longer the main driver in maintaining our health. Mental fitness has now taken over as the key to a healthy lifestyle. Regardless of the occupation you hold, anyone can suffer from mental health caused from the stress of work or social life. You can find furniture movers, personal trainers, trades people who keep an active work ethic suffer the same life stress factors as office workers, CEO executives and those carrying non-strenuous occupations. Suffering from mental health can affect not only yourself but those around you.
Fortunately, there are ways to reduce stress without having to resort to medication or expensive therapies. One way is trying reiki healing techniques. Reiki is a form of energy healing that helps restore balance and harmony within the body. It has been used for centuries to treat a variety of conditions, both physical and emotional. Reiki is used to complement and improve ones wellness and is not meant to replace modern medicine. When used in conjunction with other healing practices, reiki can be a powerful tool for restoring physical and mental health, improve emotional well-being, mindfulness and strength.
There are many reiki healing techniques that can be used to help reduce stress and heal the body and mind.
1. One of the most basic reiki techniques is to simply sit or lie in a comfortable position and focus on your breath. Inhale deeply and exhale completely, letting all the tension go with each breath.
2. While relaxed in a comfortable position, consciously scan the body where there is a feeling of tension, tightness or soreness. Drop shoulders as far as you can and focus on releasing any stored tension.
3. Rub your hands together to create heat and then place them over the areas of tension in the body. Hold for a minute or two, breathing deeply and allowing the reiki energy to flow through you.
4. Another basic reiki technique is to use a raise your hands above your shoulders with your palms facing the sky and embrace the energy of reiki, visualize a bright light flowing into your body from the sky, filling you with light and healing energy.
5. Picture a peaceful place where you can go to relax and de-stress. In your mind’s eye, see yourself walking through a beautiful garden or sitting by a tranquil lake. Allow yourself to relax, rid yourself of any feelings of anger, do not worry, tell yourself to be grateful and show compassion to yourself and others.
Reiki is a simple, yet powerful, healing technique that can be learned by anyone. By opening up to this practice of healing, you can begin to reduce the amount of stress in your life and enjoy better overall health. Give reiki a try and see how it can help you live a more relaxed, stress-free life.